Sunday, September 18, 2005

LSD Run,18/9

raining
Woke up at about 5am this morning to get ready for Sunday LSD run to MR and UPR. First time i did was tried to empty the stomach of the excesses from last night's sumptuous Indian dinner at Race Course Road. I had my usual breakfast of Hot Milo and Peanut-Jam Wholemeal Breads.
My Butt was out the door before 6am, and expecting the hot humid morning conditions as in the AHM. To my surprise,i had to run against strong gusty blowing into my face. The cool and refreshing smell of rain was clearly in the morning air. Light rain began falling when i running up the slope along the Boundary Road making my run rather pleasant. But, when the sky opened up and started pouring at Full Throttle with flashes of lightning near Bishan Depot, I decided to take shelter under the Overhead MRT Rail bridge. I was totally drenched and felt the cold chills from the rain and fierce winds. I had to lean against the Huge Support pillar to shelter myself from the elements. I stayed there watching nearby Traffic lights changes at timely intervals with the occasional rumbling roars of MRT train overhead. I was trapped at the location for nearly 30mins before the rainfall slowed a little. Took the opportunity of this break to run back to the comforts of my home via Bishan Town and Braddell road. Just a few minutes into my run, the rain started to pour " Cats N Dogs" again. This time round, i just continued my run back and was in fact enjoying my run in the rain.
While running pass a bus shelter at Bishan Sport Stadium, i overheard a young couple still in the party clothing commented that " this guy very Siow, #@..." I agreed that it is normal to think someone would be "Seow' or Crazy to run in such heavy rain.
Is it 'Seow' to wake up on very early Sunday morning to do my LSD run while everyone still be their dreamland ? I am doing it because it brings me joys and help me to find my own peace and solitude away from daily stresses and worries . It is the spirit of my "Seowness" that help me to complete 2 official marathon races and even a ultramarathon since i started running in 2003. I am very happy that have the "Seowness " for Running.....
BTW, i enjoyed this unplanned run in the rain and rediscovered my zests in my run which i sadly missed in my last few running races.

6 comments:

Scarecrow said...

Hi David ,
I think only serious runner know the passion and joy of running , outsiders even family members will not understand .

DO said...

Hi Scarecrow, i m not elite type Serious Runner.. I run bcoz i enjoy running ... Cheers

The Dream Runner said...

thumbs up for the 'seow' runner

DO said...

HAha... same,same ...lah

Restless in Singapore said...

Hi Hi DO
Seow or no, as long as we enjoyed it and dun create any problems to others, who cares what others think. We should try to enjoy what we like when we still can and not regret later. So Jia You!

DO said...

Hi eatless,
well said..... Tks.. Keep on Running.. Cheers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...