Thursday, February 16, 2006
Reaching Your Run Potential!
The key to reaching your performance potential lies in smart planning:
* Do the required training, refine your running technique and learn what to focus on to run efficiently!
* Plan and prepare imaginatively to meet not only the physical demands of the race but also the mental, emotional, functional, social, logistical, environmental and the technical requirements - and test your solutions in training and practice races.
* Base your race goals on your training progress. Don't expect to set a PR at a longer distance if you are not also faster at shorter distances.
* Break the race down into short, manageable segments, each with its own objectives. Meeting early segments objective build confidence for the later sections.
* During the race, focus on the things that you have control over: tensionless effort, stride length and frequency, arm swing, foot landing and push-off, audiogenics, imaging, hydration/nutrition, balanced posture, breathing and blood sugar management.
* Replace negative self-talk with postive, image-enhancing, energising words or when you are really tired, simply count your exhales.
* Become your own best training partner and friend, and talk to yourself accordingly - cheer for yourself, console yourself and celebrate with yourself!!! Seow!!
* Remind yourself that running is something you do, not who you are! A disappointing performance means only that you need to work on your preparation and execution strategies; it is not a reflection of your self-worth!
* Know that you are already special because there never was or will be another just like You!
haha.... Gotta RUN!!! Keep on Running!
Extracted fm P2Run
Posted by Run HappyFeet at 5:38 AM