Thursday, March 23, 2006

Navy Biathlon this Sunday!

7836575_9f27049f60_s

I will be doing my third Navy Biathlon this Sunday! In term of preparations, it will be my worse as i only did about 7 hrs of swim trainings todate.... most of these sessions, the focus was on mastering the frontcrawl. Despite the efforts and times spent to improving my frontcrawl strokes, i still find this style very taxing and energy zipping compare to breaststroke. I have decided to use Breaststroke for main bulk of the 1.5km swim, will only use the frontcrawl closer to finish pt when the currents and waves are more favourable.

I was suppose to do a trial Swim/Run session at Sentosa last weekend, but due to a unforeseen circumstance, i had to missed it. Did First and Only my swim/run session on Tuesday's evening at MF instead. Swam about an hour at the MF pool before joining the MF guys in their 12km run into Sentosa and back. Minutes into the run, i felt very hungry n the legs were rather rubbery. It was a very tough run as my mind was screaming for food..... but my legs were too weak to end the run faster. I guessed my sugar level was low after that swim. It is a good reminder for me to remember to drink some honey water during the transition to booster my energy level on Sunday!

Good Luck to All the Guys n Gals doing their biathlon this Sunday! Cya there!

"I cannot have survival as my only goal. That would be too boring. My goal is to come back in my best running form. It is good for me to have that goal; it will help me." - Ludmila Engquist

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...