Sunday, June 25, 2006

My New Adizero SN ( Supernova Cushion )!

AdizeroSN01
I was not very impressed with the forefoot cushioning of my New Mizuno shoes, thus decided n went on search n hunt mission for this new Adidas Supernova Cushion. Finally, located the shoes at adidas novena outlet and collected them on Friday.

Took the shoe out for this morning 26 km LSD with the MF guys. Route: Clubhouse -> Henderson Rd -> Tiong Bahru Park -> Havelock Rd -> Clark Quay -> Fort Canning Hill (2 rds) -> Esplanade -> Marina Promenade (2nd Toilet) U-turn -> Esplanade Bridge -> Shenton Way -> Keppel Rd -> Harbourfront -> Henderson Rd -> Clubhouse ... Distance: 26 km

My knees were feeling some discomforts and aches due my recent sudden ramp-up Stairs-climbing sessions and maybe due to lack of forefoot cushioning fm my new mizuno shoes. Yesterday, i went to see my sinseh who applied some acupuncture needles around the knee area, and was advised to stop running for the next few days. Haha... When DO runners ever listen to doc's advices!!
I was worried whether my knee will suffer further pains and damages fm this run with my new yet to run-in Adidas shoes. Shortly, into my run with her, i found she was very comfortable and the cushions are compatible, if not better than my favourite Asics Cumulus. SN has very good and more broader forefoot cushions that i can even bounced for my take-off rather stably, thus reduced the efforts required in our usual toe-off actions for most shoes including Cumulus. I am very impressed with my Real New Darling... i think that i found my new "ShoeMate" !! I did not even any jarring or pains at my knee areas even running down slippery down slopes at Fort Canning hills.

Besides, being light n comfortable for Neutral Gait n Forefooter runners, we discovered that she drained any rainwater fm the inners very rapidly. I stepped into puddles of rainwater several times as it was raining heavily this morning, but the water was drained off in short time leaving my foot "reasonably dry".
AdizeroSN02
Adidas Supernova Cushion or Known as Adizero SN
Soft Cushioning ... extracted fm http://www.runningnetwork.com/productreviews/springshoereview06neutral.html
This Supernova Cushion is back in shape to reclaim its performance legacy. Overlays have been replaced by HF-welded supports that maintain structural integrity in the forefoot. Heel fit is ensured by the GeoFit ankle collar. The eyelet placement accommodates a variety of lacing options that permit tightening to suit most tastes. The midsole feels firmer, letting the adiPrene heel insert provide the necessary cushion while returning a feel for the road. The forefoot now sports broader flex grooves that improve forefoot flexibility and allow the foot to work with the shoe rather than conform to it. Weartesters liked the shoe: "Great combination of cushioning and forefoot flexibility." "Excellent fit, immediately comfortable. I like this shoe, a good all-round, most- purposes shoe, fine for someone who does not need a huge amount of stability." "Flexible forefoot. Love the forefoot. I expect to get a lot of miles out of these."
A thoughtful redesign results in improved performance and our Best Shoe honors in the Neutral category.
Updates the Supernova Cushion

* Sizes: Men 6.5-13,14,15; Women 6-11
* Weight: Men 12.0 oz. (size 9); Women 10.0 oz. (size 7)
* Upper: mesh with synthetic and HF-welded overlays, reflective trim, GeoFit
* Midsole: CM-EVA, adiPRENE heel, adiPRENE+ forefoot
* Shank: TORSION * Outsole: adiWEAR heel, blown rubber forefoot
* Innersole: Ortholite
* Shape: semi-curved
* Construction: Strobel slip lasted, adiPRENE Strobel board in heel
* Recommended for: medium- to high- arched feet with neutral biomechanics




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...