Thursday, March 03, 2011

The Fila Skeletoes Review ! Updates

 Updates 2 Mar 2011: Review Fila Skele-Toes - Four Toed Shoes
" A huge plus in the Skele-toes camp is that they can be had for $50-$60 — and they are coming out with kid's sizes. At the $55 price point, they're $25 cheaper than a pair of KSOs and almost half the price of any high-dollar FiveFingers. So if you're looking for some affordable toe shoes, the Skele-Toes are worth considering. On the other hand, if you want a more dynamic toe shoe, I think you'll be happier spending the extra money and getting a pair of VFFs.
At the end of the day I'm happy to see the Fila Skele-Toes enter the toe shoe market. Competition is wonderful. That said, Fila will have a tough time catching up to Vibram insomuch as figuring out the ins and outs of manufacturing fully functioning toe shoes. Maybe my blathering above will help point them in the right direction (emphasis on "maybe")."... 

Video Review — Fila Skele-Toes




 Source : BirthdayShoes.com
The Fila Skeletoes.. look similar to Vibram Five Fingers ?
They are certainly priced right at $59 for Men and Women and $49 for kids.

Under the Hood

In the photo above, the upper material looks like Neoprene, but it is not. Skeletoes are made of four-way stretch, two ply nylon. They have a bungee cord for ease of entry and velcro straps for a customized fit. They have a multi-purpose slip-resistant rubber outsole.
There are two things that really differentiate this product from Five Fingers:
  • The bottom sole of the Skeletoes do not cover the top of the toes as this might infringe on a Vibram patent.
  • Skeletoes incorporate what they call an EZ slide feature that combines the smallest two toes for ease of entry. For some people that have issues with their toes and can't wear Five Fingers, this feature alone might make the Skeletoes an attractive option. Our contact claims testing shows that Skeletoes were much easier to put on than Five Fingers.

Availability

The expected release date for the Fila Skeletoes is February 1st, 2011. Our friends over at Comet Shoes are taking orders now!

HappyFeet - Be Happy. Just Run

6 comments:

Angie said...

I have been looking into VFF for a long time but I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of cash with no gurantee I'll actually like them. The skele-toes look like a decent alternative at a much better price. I wouldn't feel as guilty for spending the money and maybe not liking them after.
Thanks so much!

Gary said...

Like Angie, i also have been looking at the VFF's and just cannot justify the cost to try them. i bought a pair of the Fila Skele-Toes two weeks ago for myself and my son. We both absolutely love these shoes. they are so comfortable. typically i do not like anything between my toes, but these, surprisingly, do not bother me a bit. i bought them for running, but am finding myself wearing them for just about anything. the only downside i have noticed is that in wet conditions, your feet will be wet. and if the temp is below 32 deg., the toes get really cold from the air flow through the fabric between the toes. otherwise, if you were thinking about a toe shoe, this is the one to start with just because of the cost.
Awesome, Awesome shoes!

Angie said...

I'm so glad someone chimed in that has tried these shoes! Thanks so much, I feel better about taking a chance now. I have heard great things about weight lifting in these types of shoes as well. Because I lift everyday as well as run several times a week, I think these certainly be worth the money. Thanks again!

Jason said...

I just bought a pair of these shoes yesterday and I have never loved a shoe but I love these things they are the most comfortable shoes I now own. I've had foot problems since I've been in te military and as soon as I put these on my feet have started feeling better though they are not recommend for running from what I hear they are still worth they purchase and te comfort is amazing I highly highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to buy finger shoes the price is a little friendlier on the wallet until you know for sure if you want to pay more for the vff's these are amazing!

Don said...

I just purchased a pair. Like everyone else, I looked at VFF, but couldn't justify the price. So I went down to the store and picked up a pair of the Fila knockoffs. Let me say, barefoot running has changed my life. My shins and ACL no longer complain when I run. But I live in AZ where it gets hot, so I needed a minimal shoe on my feet to protect them from the heat and thorns. So far these shoes are working out great!

SFC Tarman said...

I bought a pair a few weeks ago because I wore out my VFF after 3 yrs. There not bad but I'm going back to VFF. They are by far a better shoe for the serious runner and crossfitter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...